Gas Mate Leak Detector
The Gas Mate is ideal for detecting gas leaks in both residential and commercial environments, as it is intrinsically safe to CE and UL 913 Class 1 standards. It can detect a range of gases such as natural gas, propane, butane, cyclopentane, ethane, ethanol, isobutene and ammonia, detecting hydrocarbons with twice the sensitivity of other products - in fact, it is sensitive to 5 ppm methane.
The Gas Mate is a portable hand held device and is economical in every sense - it is reasonably priced, runs on two D sized batteries offering continual operation for up to 60 hours.
It features an adjustable sensitivity, which helps to pin point leaks fast, and the audio alarm and flashing LED indicates the leak strength. Gas Mate also features an auto zeroing to ignore background gas levels in leak test areas. The small sensor and probe tip make it easy to check those harder to reach places.
- Sensitive to 5 ppm methane
- Also detects natural gas, forming gas, propane, butane, cyclopentane, ethane, ethanol, isobutane and ammonia
- Great for flammable refrigerants like R290, R600a, and R441a!
- Detects forming gas (95% nitrogen, 5% hydrogen)
- Auto zeroing for ignoring background gas levels in leak test area
- Small sensor and probe tip permit leak checking in tighter places
- Certified intrinsically safe by MET Laboratories for use in combustive/explosive environments
- Multiple LEDs, variable intensity audio alarm indicate leak strength
- Adjustable sensitivity helps pinpoint leaks fast
- Made in the USA
|Power source||- 2 D-size (1.5V) alkaline batteries, included (use Duracell® MN1300 to maintain intrinsically safe approval)|
|Controls||- Power button, sensitivity touch pad|
|Base unit includes||- Sensor, two D size alkaline batteries, hard plastic carrying case|
- 5 ppm: methane, R290 (propane), R600 (isobutane), hydrogen
- 1 ppm: gasoline
|Weight with batteries||- 1.54 lb. (0.700 kg)|
|Certifications||- Intrinsically Safe for Class I, Division I, Groups A-D, T4 and II 3G Ex nA nL IIC T4 X as per MET Laboratories Listing #E112145|
|Battery life||- 25 hours|
|Alarm indicators||- Multiple LEDs, variable intensity audio alarm|
|706-700-G1||GAS-Mate replacement sensor|