Offering hand-held convenience, the Tek-Mate leak detector boasts proven heated diode sensor technology. The Tek-Mate incorporates an electrochemical sensor consisting of a ceramic substrate, doped with a reactive element, and maintained at high temperature by a built-in heating element.
When a halogen-bearing gas contacts with the hot surface, the chlorine, fluorine or bromine atoms are separated from the molecule and ionized. This causes an electrical current to flow within the ceramic to a collection electrode at the center. Careful selection and application of the ceramic permits the Tek-Mate sensor to provide similar responses to CFCs (such as R11 and R12), HCFCs (such as R22 and R123), HFCs (such as R134a) as well as replacement blends (such as R404a and R410a) so that the operator does not need to determine the refrigerant in use, or remember to set a selector switch.
Tek-Mate is sensitive to R22 at 2 grams/year and R410A at 5 grams/yr, making it easy to detect a leak of any size.
The latest version of the Tek-Mate features a soft touch operational pad, allowing the user to control the unit with only one hand. Switching the unit on or off and selecting detection levels (high / low) is done with a quick press of a button.
Packaged in a durable plastic case, the Tek-Mate leak detector is well above its class as a cost effective tool.
- - F- GAS Compliant tested to BSEN14624
- - Base unit includes Sensor, 2 D-size alkaline batteries, spare filters, and a hard plastic carrying case.
- - Sensitivity to CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs 0.4 oz/yr.
- - R22: 2g/yr
- - R410A: 5g/yr
- - Controls 3-position soft touch switch— off, low sensitivity, high sensitivity
- - Power 2 D-size (1.5-volt) alkaline batteries
- - Contamination adjustment - Automatic
- - Weight with batteries 1.54 lb (700 g)
- - Operating temperature range -20ºF to 122ºF -27ºC to 50ºC
- - Probe Chrome-plated flexible metal.
- - Sampling system Positive displacement pump